In a program that other cities throughout the United States should take notice of, the City of Austin Utilities department has put together a consolidated website for all of the utility bills that the city manages. The bills that can be paid for through this centralized website include Austin Energy, Austin Resource Recovery, Austin Water, Drainage Service and Street Service. If you would like to sign up for and use this website to pay your various utility bills, continue reading.
Create an Online Account through the City of Austin Utilities
To sign up for the utilities payment service through the City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care site, you will have to go to the CoA registration area here. On the registration forms you will be asked to enter various pieces of information in regards to your utilities accounts as well as your personal information. Once you are done setting up your account through the forms, you will have a user name and password to use to log in to the site and manage your combined accounts.
Also, be aware that you are going to have to confirm your enrollment to the site through a valid, working email address. That being the case, make sure that you sign up for the service using an email account that you will be able to access soon after going through registration. After receiving your confirmation code in an email from the service, enter the code sent to you on this confirmation page to complete the setup of your account.
Make a Payment Using the City of Austin Website
To log in and make a payment on your utility bills available through the City of Austin Utilities division, follow these easy steps to get into the site and pay your bills:
- Navigate to the sign in area for the City of Austin Utilities Online Customer Care site at coautilititties.com login
- Type in your user name and password exactly as you created them during the online account creation
- Click the green “Log In” button
- Choose which of the utility bills you would like to make a payment toward
- Select the amount that you would like to pay toward the chosen account’s balance
- Input your billing information. In most cases you will be entering your checking account number and your bank’s routing number
- Submit the payment and verify that your billing details are correct to finalize the transaction